- It's that time again... to review significant news stories coming out of the club office in the previous week. Today we'll look at announcements and news that came out between November 12 and November 19.
November 14, 2016
- National Signing Day for Orlando City's Development Academy saw another young player receive a soccer scholarship. Morgan Campbell accepted an offer from Palm Beach Atlantic University. In addition, the club profiles three other academy alumni who are playing in college and their successes at the NCAA level. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
- The club posted their own Top 5 moments from the inaugural Orlando Pride season. There are also video clips in the piece to help fans relive those important moments, from announcing the club in 2015 to the first goal to the final match of the season. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
November 15, 2016
- Orlando City's Pro Academy Teams had great success on the road last week. The U17/18 team won both their matches last weekend, as did the U15/16 team for a clean 4 - 0 sweep for the club. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
- The MLS offseason draft and transfer windows were clarified on the club's web page. The Expansion Draft will be coming up on December 12, with the waiver draft following on December 15. There will be two stages for the MLS re-entry draft (December 16 and December 22), and the MLS Super Draft will happen on January 13. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
- The USWNT wrapped up its 2016 season against Romania in a friendly match played at the Stub Hub Center. Alex Morgan featured in the match, but fellow Orlando Pride standouts Ashlyn Harris and Kristen Edmonds did not see the pitch. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
November 16, 2016
- The Orlando Pride's players in the W-league were in action last weekend. Jasmyne Spencer and Laura Alleway found themselves on opposite teams on the pitch, with Alleway's team prevailing. And Maddy Evans was part of a scoreless draw with her W-league team. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
November 17, 2016
- LionNation.com published an interview with Orlando Pride coach Tom Sermanni. Sermanni talked about the growth of the NWSL and the USWNT call-up for Kristen Edmonds, among other topics. See the full story and a link to the video interview on the Orlando City Web Site.
- MLS Expansion Draft rules were detailed by the club. Atlanta United won the toss, so they will have the first pick. There will be five rounds, with picks alternating between Atlanta and Minnesota United. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
November 18, 2016
- Significant NWSL transfers have been announced, including Ali Krieger transferring to the Orlando Pride from the Washington Spirit. The Spirit are also losing Christine Nairn to the Seattle Reign, while the Boston Breakers are sending Kristie Mewis and Kassey Kallman to the nation's capital. The first round draft order for the NWSL was also announced. Due to trades made before last season and during the year, the Orlando Pride do not have a first round draft pick in 2017. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
- Ashlyn Harris will be involved in football diplomacy, traveling with USWNT coach Jill Ellis to the Monrovian Football Academy in Liberia, Monrovia. The trip is sponsored by the U.S. Embassy, U.S. Soccer, and the State Department's Sports United division. The trip is to help promote women's participation in sports in a country where there is a lot of discrimination against girls and women. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
- Orlando City's MLS side has several players with potential national team call-ups. Carlos Rivas and Cristian Higuita are potential future national team players for Columbia, Rafael Ramos has potential to play for Portugal, and the USMNT has four potential players on the City roster in the form of Joe Bendik, Conor Donovan, Tyler Turner, and Tommy Redding. See the full story on the Orlando City Web Site.
Stay tuned during the offseason for roundups of all the important news coming out of the club offices.