Being Eastern Conference rivals, OCSC and DCU face each other at least twice every season. Here's a breakdown of the series history by date and venue:
- April 3 - at OCSC: Lions 0 - 1 United
- May 13 - at DCU: United 2 - 1 Lions
- June 14 - at OCSC: Lions 1 - 0 United
- September 24 - at DCU: United 4 - 1 Lions
- October 23 - at OCSC: Lions 4 - 2 United
- May 31 - at OCSC: Lions 2 - 0 United
- September 9 - at DCU: United 1 - 2 Lions
- Wins: Lions 4, United 3, Draws 0
- Goals Scored: Lions 11, United 10
- At OCSC: Lions 3-1-0
After missing the playoffs their first three seasons in MLS, it's good to know that OCSC has a winning record against some clubs. The home pitch is a big factor in favor of Orlando City, as they have a dominant record in The City Beautiful, whether playing at the old Citrus Bowl or at Orlando City Stadium.
Tomorrow, look for my Tactics & Traps to watch for in the match.
What are you predicting for the season opener? Will Orlando City continue its dominance against DC United, or will the Red and Black leave the Purple Lions black & blue? Let me know in the comments below!